MS-Outlook takes into account a wide scope of informing the needs of a business association and is broadly utilized in workplaces for communication purposes. The majority of the clients have an MS-Exchange Server account which works in synchronization with OST file. As it contains email items in an offline mode on your local system hard disk. All the mail items are synchronized and downloaded into OST file whenever user sign into Outlook account.
These files work together with the MS Outlook PST file and keep the mailbox updated with the new items such as mail, meeting request, delivery reports etc. In any case, there are circumstances when such mail items are not accessible. In such situation, one has to convert emails in OST file into different file format like PST.
Necessary Reasons to Import OST into PST
1. Sometimes whenever there is a power failure, malicious software, virus attacks, or any other reason the Microsoft Exchange server crashes. An extreme accident could arrive you no place as you probably lost the connection with the MS Exchange Server. Such circumstances are extremely testing and hard to deal with as in a large portion of such cases they result in repetition of different errors messages.
2. If there is an Exchange server downtime or its maintenance, you won’t most likely to access your mailbox. Be that as it may, now and again it turns out to be extremely important to approach the mailbox items. All the user mailboxes containing various mail items, are saved in OST file format and works with synchronization with Microsoft Exchange server. Furthermore, to access these mail items, you have to migrate OST file into PST and move into Microsoft Outlook application.
3. By changing Outlook OST to PST, the data can be retrieved even after deletion of user mailboxes on the MS Exchange server.
4. The OST to PST conversion helps in migrating the data from one location to another. This is extremely useful whenever an organization is transferring the necessary data on an alternative system.
5. While using the Microsoft Outlook Client, you might face some following errors:
Your offline folder file could not be configured. \\Computername\FolderName\Outlook.ost””The operation process failed due to an installation problem. Restart Outlook again and try the process again. If the issue exists again, try to reinstall it again.While working in a networked environment the following message will display and the OST file in the system is not shared.
“Computername is where the installation of MS outlook is done and the folder name is the folder where offline OST file is stored.”
Since these OST files, which let you send/receive and delete mails when it is not associated with the Exchange Server. When associated, it gets synchronized with the Exchange Server. That implies all of the changes done to the OST file while working with the offline storage file will be reflected within the Exchange Server.
It may lead to corruption of OST file which results users are unable to access mail items. The reasons for corruption are mentioned below:
Problems related to Software
Hardware crash issue
Sudden Application shutdown
Database damage problem
Virus and Trojan Attacks
Insufficient Storage space
Accidently user account deletion
To resolve this situation, you to fix the OST file. You might not get any good tool to repair it. So there is the best method, to convert Outlook OST to PST. For this, you can take the backup of OST file. Such a process may resolve the issue, yet any manual conversion is never prescribed, as they are constantly prone to errors and does not have an expert utility. This process needs an expert tool that can convert OST to PST file format. The best alternative here is to utilize simple and secure software.
OST to PST Converter is a reliable tool to export offline OST to PST file in Exchange server. It has an eco-friendly wizard, which guides the user to easily convert all OST files to PST file format. Once the conversion is successfully completed, the PST files can be imported back to the Microsoft Exchange server. This saves a lot of time and cost as compared to the manual process. This application supports all Microsoft Outlook Versions including the 32 and 64-bit versions. This software retains access to all mail items including calendars, contacts, tasks, and journals, etc.
Furthermore, this software allows you to store the converted emails in different file formats EML, MSG, HTML. Furthermore, you can freely preview the mail items before the conversion process. This tool has featured for selective conversion of numerous categories and export to PST.
As you have seen above there can be many reasons to convert Outlook OST file to PST format. It can be corruption issue of data or other moving the Offline Storage table items to PST file format. But the manual reason to do this whole process is time-consuming and expensive. So, a professional tool is recommended i.e SysTools OST to PST Converter to perform the whole conversion successfully. It is user-friendly and simple to handle for users.