Windows users face one of the most common issues: “How to fix the windows live mail issue?”. We don’t need to worry, as we offer the most effective answers to all of your techie questions. You are looking for the solutions to those questions. Also, if you have queries on similar topics, we suggest you refer to this site ( https://validedge.com/ ) for detailed guides. You will be offered 5 of the simplest and most effective ways to fix the given problem. Definitely, after applying one of these given ways, you will automatically overcome the given situation.
Windows live mail issue is significantly a Windows 10 error as Windows live mail is an email client that comes already installed with Windows 10. The key features of the live mail are a minimalistic, flat design and touch support. Generally, the issue is encountered after upgrading the older version of Microsoft OS to Windows10 or updating their System.
It is frustrating and annoying for the users who are heavily dependent on Windows Live Mail for all of their emails.
Why Windows Live Mail won’t open: –
There are many reasons for which this problem gets introduced into your System:
- One of the main reasons is the graphic card conflicting with Windows 10, especially after the update. This leads to the unwanted and unusual behavior/working of the graphic card.
- There are even times when the Windows cache gets corrupted, which can also lead to not opening your Windows live Mail. Whenever you press the give live mail icon, it shows that it is loading, but no operations get initiated; therefore, nothing happens even after waiting for a while.
- When your device’s Hard Drive is full, and you are out of memory, that generally leads to improper installation of the Windows Live Mail. Hence the issue occurs.
The software might generate these issues if not installed correctly. To solve the given problem, the most usual method would be to repair the mentioned above.
The repair is one of the most effective and necessary methods to ensure that all the Windows programs, software, and files are correctly installed, correctly registered, and present in the System. It is crucial as even a single improper installation can cause the issue we don’t want to face.
Apart from that, even security software can interrupt the proper installation of Windows Live Mail. In those cases, one should uninstall the third-party security software or disable the Windows Firewall/Antivirus software.
How can you fix “Windows Live Mail won’t open”
If you encounter such a problem, we are here as your savior with the best possible solutions that can solve the problem of “Windows Live Mail won’t open.”
These methods are going to lead you to restore your Windows Live Mail to its normal working.
Note: Before implementing any of the below methods, make sure that your PC does noy have any Windows update error.
Method 1: Delete the Windows Live Mail cache file
- Press Windows Key + R, then type (%localappdata%) and press OK.
- In the Local Folder, Open the Microsoft folder by double-clicking on it.
- Now, double-click on the (Windows Live) folder to open it.
- Locate the (.cache) folder, select it, and press the delete button on the keyboard.
- After the folder gets deleted, clear the Recycle bin as well.
Method 2: Run Windows Live Mail in Compatibility Mode
- Navigate the given location: C:\Program Files(x86)\Windows Live\Mail
- Locate the file named (wlmail.exe) & Right-click on it, then select Properties in the drop-down list.
- Navigate and select the Compatibility tab in the Properties.
- Select the Check box ( Run this program in compatibility mode)and then choose Windows 7.
- Then press Apply and finally click on OK.
- Reboot the System to save and apply the changes.
- Check if the Windows Live Mail problem gets resolved or not.
Method 3: End task of wlmail.exe file and Restart Windows Live Mail
- Open Windows Task Manager directly by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Look for the wlmail.exe from the list, then right-click on it and select End Task.
- Reboot the system and see whether the Windows Live Mail issue is resolved or not.
Method 4: Restore your computer to an earlier working time
- Press the Windows Key + R, type in (sysdm.CPL), and click OK.
- Look for the System Protection tab and then select System Restore.
- Then click on Next, and after that, choose the desired System Restore point.
- Follow the onscreen actions to Complete System Restore.
- After rebooting your System. The Windows Live Mail issue should be resolved.
Method 5: Repair Windows Essentials
- First, open the Control Panel by pressing the Windows Key + X and then select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program.
- Look for the Windows Essential from the list, then Right Click on it and click on Uninstall/Change.
- Repair option will be there on the uninstall window. Select it.
- Instructions given on the screen should be followed to complete the Windows Essentials Repair Process.
- Close all the tabs/files and finally reboot the system.
- Check if the issue is still there.
The methods mentioned above are considered the most proven methods to solve the given issue (Windows Live Mail). This issue can arise for various reasons, but the given methods solve almost the entire problem, leaving none of the mistakes. Hence we would suggest you be careful while applying it. Please go through the methods thoroughly before using them, as even a minor mistake could damage your System and operations.