A smart home is equipped with internet-connected devices that enable remote monitoring and control of appliances and systems such as lighting and heating. Home automation, or innovative home technology, will allow homeowners to control smart devices for security, comfort, convenience, and energy savings.
Along with television settings, learn to make other electronic devices smarter than others with the help of techyhost. Intelligent home systems and devices, which are part of the internet of things (IoT), routinely collaborate, sharing consumer usage data and automating tasks based on the homeowners’ preferences.
Samsung Smart TVs can now sync with Google Home, allowing you to use voice commands to control specific functions on your TV. The available tasks, as well as their details and voice commands, are listed below. Google Home makes it simple to operate your Samsung TV with voice commands.
If Google Home isn’t functioning with your Samsung TV, try turning it off again. This may appear to be an easy repair, but if you have any minor troubles with Google Home, putting it off and on can provide a quick reset that will clear the device of any issues interfering with your Samsung TV.
Barking voice commands at your TV without first setting up Google Home on your TV won’t get you very far. Yes, connecting your Samsung Smart TV to Google Home is the main reason. Once paired, you can use voice commands to switch the TV on or off, change the channel, control the volume, and play media. You can also manage the TV using on-screen buttons.
The Goggle Assistant
The Google Assistant is available via a built-in app on Samsung’s newest 2021 model TVs, and If you own a Google-powered smart speaker with a display, such as the Nest Hub, higher-end 2020 models ( 8K and 4K QLED displays). This allows you to utilize voice commands without using an external device, giving you access to a more excellent range of powers and search possibilities.
If you don’t already have them, get the Samsung SmartThings and Google Home applications for your smartphone. Both iOS and Android versions are available.
Ascertain that your smartphone and Samsung Smart TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network at home. The SmartThings app must be updated to include your Samsung Smart TV. Ensure your TV is connected to your Samsung account if you haven’t already. Go to Settings, General, System Manager, and Samsung Account.
If you don’t already have them, get your smartphone’s Samsung SmartThings and Home kit applications. Both iOS and Android versions are available.
Ascertain that your smartphone and Samsung Smart TV are attached to the same Wi-Fi network at home. The SmartThings app must be updated to include your Samsung Smart TV. Ensure your TV is connected to your Samsung account if you haven’t already. Go to Settings, General, System Manager, and Samsung Account.
- Log in to the SmartThings app. If your TV isn’t already listed, tap Devices and add it to the app
- Tap + in the above-left corner of the Google Home app. Afterward, tap Set up the device, and after that, Works with Google
- To link SmartThings to Google Home, search for SmartThings, sign in to your Samsung account, and tap Authorise. Within the Google Home app, your TV will now be visible.
How to Use Google Home with Your Samsung TV
Include the following steps.
- Set up or login into your Samsung Account on your TV.
- Go to Settings > General > System Manager > Samsung Account > Sign In to do this.
- Connect your mobile device to your Smart TV via the SmartThings app. Please double-check that the Samsung Account you use for SmartThings matches the Samsung Account you use on your TV.
- To learn how to do so, go to the link below. Check to see if the SmartThings app can control the TV.
- Let’s start setting up Google Home now that SmartThings is set up and you’ve signed in to your Samsung Account on your TV.
- On your phone, launch the Google Home app. If you don’t already have the Google Home app on your phone, search for it in Google Play Store or App Store, and download it.
- Select the Add ‘+’ button and on the next screen, select Set up device.
- Click on the text under the title ‘Works with Google.’
- You’ll find a long list of accounts here. Search SmartThings by selecting the search symbol in the top right-hand corner or scroll down till you see SmartThings and select it.
- After choosing SmartThings, click sign in with Samsung Account’ and sign in with the same Samsung Account you used to join in the SmartThings app on your phone.
- Television will be added automatically.