Hair loss is a common problem affecting millions of people worldwide. In India, hair loss is a prevalent issue among men and women, and many people are turning to hair regrowth treatments to help restore their hair. However, the hair regrowth cost in India can vary significantly, depending on various factors such as the severity of hair loss, the treatment method, the location of the clinic, and more.
In this article, we will discuss hair regrowth cost and the factors affecting its price. But before moving forwards, let’s discuss the different types of hair regrowth. So, let’s get started with the types of hair regrowth.
Types of Hair Regrowth Treatments
Before discussing hair regrowth treatment costs in India, it’s essential to understand the treatments available. The most common types of hair regrowth treatments in India are:
- Medications: Minoxidil and Finasteride are commonly used to treat hair loss in India. These medications can help slow down hair loss and promote hair regrowth.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy: PRP therapy involves taking a small amount of blood from the patient, processing it to extract platelets, and then injecting the platelets back into the scalp to stimulate hair growth
- Hair Transplant: Hair transplant surgery involves taking hair follicles from a donor area of the scalp and transplanting them to the balding area. There are two types of hair transplant methods – FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) and FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation). Click on the hair transplant cost, to learn more about it.
Hair Regrowth Treatments Cost In India
The different hair regrowth treatments cost additional. Below we have listed the cost of the other methods used for hair regrowth.
- Medications: Medications are the most affordable option for hair regrowth in India. The cost of Minoxidil and Finasteride can vary depending on the brand, but generally, a month’s supply of medication can cost between INR 500 to INR 2000
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy: PRP therapy is a relatively new treatment in India, and the cost can vary significantly depending on the clinic and the location. On average, the cost of PRP therapy in India can range from INR 5000 to INR 20,000 per session.
- Hair Transplant: Hair transplant surgery is India’s most expensive hair regrowth treatment. The cost of hair transplant surgery can vary depending on the clinic, the location, and the method used. The average price of hair transplant surgery in India can range from INR 30,000 to INR 2,50,000.
Factors Affecting the Cost of Hair Regrowth Treatments in India
The cost of hair regrowth treatments can vary significantly, depending on various factors. Some of the factors that can affect the price of hair regrowth treatments in India are:
Surgeon Experience: the expertise and experience of the surgeon play an essential role, so the cost of the hair regrowth treatment directly depends upon the surgeon’s knowledge and experience
The severity of Hair Loss: The severity of hair loss can significantly impact the cost of hair regrowth treatments. Patients with extensive hair loss may require multiple sessions of PRP therapy or hair transplant surgery, which can increase the overall cost.
Clinic and Location: The cost of hair regrowth treatments can vary depending on the clinic’s reputation and location. Clinics in metropolitan cities may charge more than clinics in smaller towns.
Treatment Method: The cost of hair regrowth treatments can also vary depending on the method used. Hair transplant surgery using the FUE method is generally more expensive than the FUT method.
Additional Costs: Patients undergoing hair regrowth treatments may incur additional costs such as consultation fees, pre-operative tests, and medication costs.
Hair regrowth treatments can bring results only if you get the proper consultation and treatment under the guidance of an expert surgeon. So, always consult the best and trusted clinic for hair regrowth treatment. While searching for a reliable clinic, you should consider its reputation and previous customer review and rating.